Thrift Store Employment Opportunity Available
Position Thrift Store Retail Assistant/Cashier (Media & Furniture Coordinator)
20 hours per week – Some weekend shifts.
Salary: $12.65 per hour
Posting Date: August 10th 2018
Closing Date: September 14th 2018
Location: Maple Ridge
Our store is open 7 days a week so reliable availability for scheduling is essential.
About Us – The Ridge Meadows Hospice Society is a community based non-profit organization
providing compassionate support and care to individuals and their loved ones experiencing the
end of life journey, grief and bereavement. Our hospice thrift store provides extra support with
proceeds from the sale of donated goods going back into hospice society programs. We are
offering you an opportunity to join a dedicated, supportive, fun and hard-working team at The
Hospice Society Thrift Store. You will enjoy exceptional learning experiences in social
enterprise, retail, merchandising, fashion and volunteer organisation.
About You – You love everything thrift, sincerely enjoy working with people, want to be a part of
a great non-profit in your own community, value and practice principled teamwork.
The qualified applicant should be comfortable, willing and have the ability to:
- Frequently lift 30-40 lbs, reach, bend and stand for long periods of time
- Accurately perform cash out procedures and manage daily transactions at point of sale
- Respectfully and compassionately communicate with staff, volunteers, donors and
- Work cooperatively and respectfully with a variety of volunteers of varying abilities
- Support, encourage and direct volunteers with daily operational store tasks
- Have excellent Customer Service and team working abilities and values
- Accurate use of Outlook, Word and social media platforms is a definite asset
Please forward your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
or #3-12011 224th Street, Maple Ridge, BC. V2X 6B7. NO phone calls please
The Ridge Meadows Hospice Society is NOT actively recruiting foreign workers. We will never ask job applicants to send money as part of the job application process. Our community programs, unless otherwise noted, are free of charge to attend. Should you receive an email, text or other communication similar to that described above, contact your local police station or anti-fraud agency.