Position Title: Thrift Store Retail Assistant/Cashier
Position Type: Full time – up to 35 hours per week – weekend shifts
Salary: $11.35 per hour
Posting Date: January 4th 2018
Application Deadline: January 19th 2018
Start Date: As soon as possible
Our store is open 7 days a week so reliable availability for scheduling is essential.
About Us – The Ridge Meadows Hospice Society is a community based non-profit organization providing compassionate support and care to individuals and their loved ones experiencing the end of life journey, grief and bereavement. Our hospice thrift store provides extra support with proceeds from the sale of donated goods going back into hospice society programs. We are offering you an opportunity to join a dedicated, supportive, fun and hard-working team at The Hospice Society Thrift Store. You will enjoy exceptional learning experiences in social enterprise, retail, merchandising, fashion and volunteer organization.
About You – You love everything thrift, sincerely enjoy working with people, want to be a part of a great non-profit in your own community, value and practice principled teamwork and have a flair for fashion.
The qualified applicant should be comfortable, willing and have the ability to:
- Frequently lift 30-40 lbs, reach, bend, and stand for longs periods of time
- Accurately perform cash out procedures and manage daily transactions at point of sale
- Respectfully and compassionately communicate with staff, volunteers, donors and customers
- Work cooperatively and respectfully with a variety of volunteers of varying abilities
- Support, encourage and direct volunteers with daily operational store tasks
- Accurate use of Outlook, Word and social media platforms is a definite asset
- Have excellent Customer Service and Team working abilities and values
Before submitting your resume, click here to view the full job description
Please forward your resume and covering letter to email@example.com or #3- 12011 224th Street, Maple Ridge, BC. V2X 6B7.
NO phone calls please
The Ridge Meadows Hospice Society is NOT actively recruiting foreign workers. We will never ask job applicants to send money as part of the job application process. Our community programs, unless otherwise noted, are free of charge to attend. Should you receive an email, text or other communication similar to that described above, contact your local police station or anti-fraud agency.