JOB POSTING: ADMINISTRATION / PAYROLL ASSISTANT
The Ridge Meadows Hospice Society is currently seeking an experienced Administration/Payroll Assistant. This is a full time position, Monday to Friday 9:30 – 3:30, in our resource center, unit 102 – 22320 119th Avenue Maple Ridge. Wage rate $19.50 ph.
As first point of contact for the society, the successful applicant must have outstanding customer service and office management skills as defined below in Qualifications and Experience. Reporting to the Executive Director, you will become part of our collaborative and very dedicated team providing office support services to all society staff.
Our Mission Statement: Providing compassion, support and care to individuals and their loved ones in our community experiencing the end of life journey, grief and bereavement.
- Experience in Office Administration and Office Management with the ability to maintain an efficient office setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Access and Office Procedures
- Experience in (SAGE) Simply accounting and Payroll essential
- Strong understanding of Bookkeeping, Bank Reconciliations and deposits
- Knowledge in Gift Works an asset
- Dedicated to professionalism, highly motivated and organized
- Thrive in a busy work environment – multi task and prioritize work schedules
- Strong people skills, effective Communication and Time Management
- Must maintain strong confidentiality procedures, diplomacy and empathy to all visitors
- Ability to participate within a collaborative and co-operative team environment
- Reliable, detail orientated, hard working with strong work ethics
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE – DUTIES
- Provide excellent customer service to maintain strong relationships between staff, volunteers, sponsors and donors
- Greet clients and visitors, ascertain nature of business and refer to appropriate coordinator and prepare client documents accordingly
- Prepare, edit correspondence, invoices, reports and statistics
- Apply for gaming licenses and prepare gaming reports
- Verify and reconcile transactions for accounts payable and receivable
- Resolve payment discrepancies, perform filing duties and photocopying
- Reconcile accounts, check for errors, balance documents for verification – Includes revenue and expenditure from our Thrift Store.
- Distribute incoming and electronic mail, coordinate the flow of information within office
- Schedule and confirm appointments and various meetings
- Organize travel arrangements and prepare expense reports and refunds
- Order Office supplies and maintain office inventory
- Answer phone system, electronic inquiries and relay all messages to staff
- Maintain manual and computerized information filing systems including membership list and generate renewals, donor levels and volunteer hours tracking
- Update office procedures when required
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings
- Compile data and information for research reports
- Any other duty assigned by the Executive Director
To apply, please email your Resume and Covering letter to email@example.com or send to Ridge Meadows Hospice Society, unit 102 – 22320 119th Avenue Maple Ridge, V2X 2Z3.
Closing date, all applications must be received by September 25th 2017.
*Note: Only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted – No phone calls please.