Position: Thrift Store Retail Assistant & Cashier-Up to 25 hrs/week
Posted Date: June 9, 2021
Reports to: Executive Director
We are offering you an opportunity to join a dedicated, supportive, fun, and hard-working team of staff and volunteers at the award winning Hospice Society Thrift Store. Our Thrift Store is a popular community store and hub that provides essential funding to the programs and supports offered by the Hospice Society. The store aims to provide excellent customer service to our customers and plays an important role in raising the profile of the programs and supports available to those who are facing end of life, grief and loss in our community. If you love everything thrift and want to be a part of an award-winning non-profit in your own community, this is the job for you.
Our store is open six days a week so reliable availability for scheduling is a must
The qualified applicant must be comfortable, willing and have the ability to:
- Frequently lift 20-30 lbs, reach, bend and stand for long periods of time during every shift
- Accurately perform cash out procedures and manage daily transactions at point of sale
- Communicate with respect and compassion with staff, volunteers, donors and customers
- Work cooperatively and respectfully with a variety of volunteers of varying abilities
- Provide professional, and effective Customer Service to all donors and customersProficient use of Outlook, Word and social media platforms is a definite asset
- Become versatile and efficient in processing and managing all departments as required.
- Control daily cash receipts, sales tapes, assist with all opening and closing cash tasks, have input in implementing pricing and other operational aspects
- Maintain overall safety of customers and volunteers, including implementing and following current COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Assist with directing volunteers on donation intake, inventory control, sorting practices, pricing, stock rotation with the goal of volunteer’s becoming self-directed.
- Assist with loss prevention safeguards, will receive training on managing challenging people in the store
- Monitor and execute disposal of unacceptable donations, stock rotation and garbage
- Strive for optimum store sales and ensure displays are maintained and refreshed and the sales floor is kept organized
- Maintain positive volunteer, staff and customer relations by responding to problems or issues that have evolved and ensure that they are handled appropriately, according to
Policies and Procedures
Attend staff and volunteer meetings, promotional or fundraising events as directed
Please send expression of interest and resume to Lindsey Willis at firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN UNTIL: June 30th, 2021